Announcement: SingularityU Nijmegen Chapter
After the Innovation Hub in Eindhoven and the Chapters in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, we’re now proud to announce that SingularityU will become active in the Nijmegen area. Nijmegen is considered to be one of the leading health care cities in the world with the Radboud University (including the Medical Center), Health Valley and the Rockstart Digital Health Accelerator. Nijmegen is also the oldest city of the Netherlands, founded by the Romans to defend the empire from the tribes from the North. It holds a strategic position between the German Ruhrgebiet and the Dutch Randstad area.
The Nijmegen team, led by Remco Hoogendijk (EP 2017 Alumni), is planning to organize multiple SingularityU events the coming year, all with a mission to reach and impact a million people in the Netherlands. The complete team, including our own faculty member Lucien Engelen, consists of:
- Remco Hoogendijk – Innovation Manager at Sint Maartenskliniek
- Lucien Engelen – Director REshape Center for Innovation at Radboud University Medical Center
- Geert van den Broeck – Founder and Inspirator at Why Not bv
- Chris Doomernik – Managing Director at Health Valley Netherlands
- Casper Smeets – Program Director Digital Health at Rockstart
The first SingularityU Nijmegen event will be announced soon.