- What happens when there is water scarcity?
- Where is the price of water based on?
- Why is this a mainly a political matter?
- What is the effect of water on a society?
- Example with SID’s (Small Island Developing States)
- Global Grand Challenges
What happens if we run out of the element that enables life? Already today, 2/3 of the world population faces water shortages.Through our food, products and energy, our water footprint stretches out further than we might realize. With water as a human right, it remains difficult to put a value and ownership on it. This century will be about technological advances to get access to more water out of unconventional sources, to re-use water and to increase efficiency.Through different examples of water challenges worldwide, we get a glimpse of the multi-stakeholder management our most precious resources. Will it be possible to move from scarcity to abundance?